We are re-opening again…
We think this could be the 21st version of the ‘New’ Olive Branch since this time last year! As well as offering our ‘At Home’ menus and wines, behind the scenes, we have been working out the viability of opening on April 14 under Boris’s new challenge of outside only. We’ve worked it out, and we are determined to open and welcome you back.
The gazebos will go up, the terrace will be raked, we’ll add a small marquee to the paddock, and we’ll write new menus. There will be a few changes and we’ll need your understanding to make this work. We will make this the ‘New Special’ version 2021! Then it’s all change again on May 19 when we can welcome you back to stay and to dine inside.
From April 14:
- We will have seven gazebos and two tables on the terrace, some low tables for drinking, and a small outside bar (a breakfast-style bar, a not beer-dispensing bar) for four with stools.
- All our tables will accommodate up to six guests (in line with the rule of six). For two households of more than six, please call to arrange a larger space.
- The covered dining tables are bookable (online, email request or by telephone – limited hours whilst we are furloughed), the low tables and bar stools will not be bookable. They will be for our drinks-only guests or pre-dinner (if available).
- There will be a large open-sided gazebo in the paddock where you can take your post-dinner drinks and coffee, weather permitting.
- All the bookable areas will be covered with at least two sides open (to conform with ‘outside’ requirements). The gazebos will be heated but you may wish to dress according to the weather on the day.
- As before, we will be offering our set-price menus, full of outstanding seasonal dishes.
- To make the best of our reduced tables, we will be running two sittings. If you’re booked on the earlier sitting, we will need your table back. We’ll have some outside space for you to enjoy coffee (weather permitting).
- We will be taking card details for every table booking, which will enable you to pay ‘contactless’ at the end of your meal if required (or if you are in the paddock).
- The booking process may take longer than normal. We need to ensure we have the correct details so we can look after all our guests as smoothly and safely as possible.
Please use our online booking facilities, but if ‘the computer says no’ please do call us, as with the constantly changing guidelines, the online booking system is struggling to keep up!
- You will be given the choice of available areas – Terrace or Gazebo. We will also ask you to choose the set menu you would like to dine from.
Before your arrival:
- We will send you a welcome email nearer the time of your booking, at which point we may update you with further information dependant on Government guidelines.
Most importantly, of course, should you have any COVID-19 symptoms, please call us to rearrange your booking.
We will still be following our COVID-19 guidelines.
Your arrival at the pub:
- To avoid waiting outside, we will be asking you to arrive at your allocated reservation time.
- Once you have parked in the car park, please use the roadside entrance to the pub. We will be there to greet you and show you to your table. We will ask you to sanitise your hands before seating.
- Our team will continue to wear Olive Branch facemasks for your safety and we will be limiting our contact with you at the table, although we will still be available to talk from a safe distance. Please don’t consider us rude; we will be serving you with our usual smile (although it may be hidden).
- To minimise close contact, tables will be prepared with single-use menus and covered cutlery. Glassware and condiments will be brought as required.
- Everything will have been sanitised.
- Should you require to use the toilet during your visit, you will need to wear a facemask when entering the pub. Please observe social distancing guidelines, wait in the designated areas (in the corridor) or outside if necessary.
- There will be plenty of hand-sanitising stations for our guests and all our team.
- One of the team will be available throughout your meal to guide you through the new Olive Branch experience.