Finally, we have re-opened.
Behind the scenes, we have been working hard to plan for this moment. Our 28 team members, all furloughed for the duration of lockdown, are well-prepared and ready to welcome you. We hope we've left no stone unturned in our planning. With a few adjustments, we feel sure we can keep you safe. We will make this the 'New Special'.
- All tables must be reserved in advance and initially, we will be unable to serve ‘walk-in customers’.
- The booking process may take longer than normal. We need to ensure we have the correct details so we can look after all our guests as smoothly and safely as possible.
- Please make use of our online booking facilities but if 'the computer says no' please do call us, as with the constantly changing guidelines the online booking system is struggling to keep up!
- You will be given the option to request your preferred area to dine. We will also ask you to choose a menu to dine from.
- Our new set-price menus are full of outstanding seasonal dishes - just not quite as many as before. This will give the kitchen team the extra time and space they need. It will enable us to be fully prepared for your arrival (including appropriate crockery, cutlery and glassware).
- We will be taking card details for every table booking which will enable you to pay 'contact-less' at the end of your meal.
- Pre-payment will be required for all bedroom bookings. Should you need to cancel your room booking, we will be happy to re-arrange your visit to another date. Alternatively, cancellations made more than seven days before arrival will be offered a full refund. Cancellation within seven days will be offered a full refund if we are able to re-let the booking.
Before your arrival:
- We will send you a welcome email nearer the time of your booking, at which point we may update you with further information dependant on Government guidelines.
Most importantly of course, should you have any COVID-19 symptoms please call us to rearrange your booking.
Your arrival at the pub:
- In order to avoid queuing outside we will be asking you to arrive at your allocated reservation time. Our dining times will be staggered to ensure safe social distancing measures are followed.
- Once you have parked in the car park please use the roadside entrance to the pub. We will be there to greet you and show you to your table. We will ask you to sanitise your hands upon entering the building.
- You are required to wear facemasks whilst in the pub but can remove them when sat at the table.
- As much as we would love to, we will not be able to hug you, shake your hand or greet you in our usual way. We will be wearing facemasks but please be assured we'll be smiling underneath.
- Once you are at your table we would ask you not to move tables and chairs otherwise the statutory social distancing requirements will not be met.
Your arrival for a stay:
- When booking a stay, we will have asked you for your estimated time of arrival. If this changes, please let us know.
- Please call us (01780 410355) when entering the village so that we can come and meet you at Beech House with your keys. Upon arrival, please park in the Beech House car park, which is opposite the pub and next to our paddock.
- If you have stayed with us before, then you know we have a brilliant housekeeping team and our four gold stars put us in the top 10% of boutique inns.
- All our usual ‘special’ details are still here, locally roasted Two Chimps Coffee, our own loose-leaf tea bags, and our large format Branche d’Olive toiletries (all of which will be sterilised between stays). We have also added hand-sanitiser gels and sanitiser sprays.
- All we ask of you is that you ensure safe physical distancing in the corridors.
- Chocolate, our family suite with double bedroom and small twin, has a separate entrance and a small patio.
- The other five rooms are in the main house with two entrances, both of which will remain open (weather permitting).
- There is a short corridor and landing, so appropriate distancing will not be a problem.
- With three separate dining rooms in the pub, as well as our barn, terrace and garden, we have plenty of space for all our guests to feel comfortable.
- We are happy to say we can ensure two-metre distancing between tables by reducing the layout to two tables in each of our three dining rooms, and by positioning four tables in the barn, three tables on the terrace and seven tables in the garden (all under gazebos).
- For guests staying with us we will call to confirm dining time and prefered dining.
- Our team will be wearing Olive Branch facemasks for your safety and we will be limiting our contact with you at the table although we will still be available to talk from a safe distance. Please don’t consider us to be rude, we will still be serving you with our usual smile (although it may be hidden behind the mask).
- To minimise close contact tables will be prepared with single-use menus and cutlery that will be covered. Glassware and condiments will be brought as required.
- Everything will have been sanitised.
- Should you require to use the toilet during your visit, please observe social distancing guidelines, wait in the designated areas (in the corridor) or outside, if necessary.
- There will be plenty of hand-sanitising stations for our guests and for all our team.
- One of the team will be available throughout your meal to guide you through the new Olive Branch experience.
- Breakfast will be served in the Barn or under the garden gazebos.
- We will update you on the weather forecast the night before and check where you like to breakfast and your preferred time.
- Sorry but no more lock-ins and dancing on the tables until 1am – new legislation requires that we ask you to leave by 10pm. We will ensure everyone is served and has an enjoyable evening. There is a takeaway dessert menu if required and a 'Nightcap' menu for guests who are staying with us.
- Dependent upon your dining area there will be specific exits available for you.
- Having taken your credit card details on booking we would be more than happy to process the payment contactless after your departure giving you time to review your bill.
- If you are staying with us we will pop a copy of your bill under your door the night before your departure and if you have not mentioned otherwise, following departure we will charge the balance of your stay to the card supplied upon booking.
- All the team will self-assess each day before coming to work.
- Temperature checks will be taken at work.
- Stringent hand washing routines are in place and each team member has their own workplace sanitisers and hand sanitiser.